Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One day at a time

I just noticed my last post was on May 5th For those of you who know me, you know what a challenging spring and summer I have had both in my personnel life and my set backs I have had with my back and the surgery I had. Well this week, everything feels like it is coming back together and I am expecting a full return to my training and active lifestyle beginning in September.

So 1 goal I want to start working towards is riding the Seattle to Portland ride next year. I am hoping to find a few others that will be interested and start training for it by doing some weekly rides that range in different distances and difficulty. If anyone is interested in doing the ride next year, let me know.

Other then that, I just can't wait to get back into the gym and get my fitness level back up to where it used to be. However, I am not looking forward to starting off and becoming all sore like I did when I first started. haha

I have a slack line being delivered to my place today. I don't remember if you have seen people using these before, but they look like a lot of fun and good for the core and balance. I figure that I can start using this now as it is low impact but will still be a challenge.

Anyways, it feels good to know there is an end to all the bad luck I have been having and I want to thank all my friends who have been so supportive and continue to give me words of encouragement. I look forward to seeing all of you back in the gym!

4 Comments:

  1. John said...
    Welcome back! Great attitude considering events of late.

    Careful with those slack lines... I've had more than one climbing partner tweak their ankle falling off those.
    Christina said...
    Yay, Aaron's back!
    seant said...
    count me in for that ride next year brother. heck, count me in for any even that you want company on.
    Jeff said...
    It will be good to see you back at the Gym. I am in for the Seattle to Portland. Any time you want to ride just let me know. I think you also mentioned hiking to the summit of St. Helen's next year, count me in for that as well.

Post a Comment