Friday, February 13, 2009

Deadlift Day


We are back to dead lifting again at the gym. HOORAY! We started off light today and worked on form. It felt really good to get back over the bar. I am setting my goal at 400 lbs by the end of the cycle. My old PR was 375 and it was shaky. The last time we did the cycle I was not worried about form and bounced the bar a lot to help get more reps. I plan on taking good controlled motion this time and really focusing on having good form, because with the kind of weight we will be lifting, it is easy to injure yourself if you get sloppy.

Workout:

Strength - Deadlift 5 sets of 8
170/190/210/230/250
12 jackknives after each round

After that I worked on rope climb and did the powerwheel. I have a nasty rope burn under my shin from climbing. I hope it doesn't rub in my boot while snowboarding on Sunday.

Food:

Oatmeal, flax, glutamine, protein
protein, water, glutamine
chicken salad, nuts, cranberries
protein,water, glutamine
6 oz talapia, 1 cup of brown rice
1 skinny cow icecream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment