Monday, February 2, 2009

Hot Yoga

What a day! I woke up this morning very tight and sore from snowboarding on Sunday. I go in and took the 7:30 class at Recreate Fitness and felt great after the warm up and had a really good work out. I got a new PR on my front squat...225 for 1. I struggled for that rep and kinda lost my form. It was messy....I definately let the weight psyche me out. But I will count it. :)

From there I drove up to Seattle to work up there for the next couple days. A friend of mine has been raving so much about "hot yoga" and the studio she goes to up in Federal Way. So I decided to give it a try tonight. It was tough to stay in that kind of heat but I stayed in the room the whole 90 minutes. My friend thought that it was about 108 or 110 in the room tonight which is hotter then normal. ( my luck ) About 30 minutes into it I started to feel a little queezy and dizzy which they say is normal and just had to lay there for about 5 minutes until I felt a little better. All in all it was good and I enjoyed the deep stretches. My training at RF really helped me for 2 reasons.
1. Strength obviously.....there were a lot of squat like positions and I was able to hold them solid.

2. Mental toughness...I never really thought about this too much before but the past 3 months at RF, I have learned to keep pushing myself and telling myself that I can do it even when I feel like I can't take it anymore. That really helped my tonight because a few times I thought, it was too hot, I couldn't get a deeper stretch, I can't breathe right.....but I pushed through all those things....got my mind focused and made it through. So, I liked it...but I can't see doing it all the time. I am going to do it again the next couple nights while in Seattle for my work outs.

Work out:

Strength. Front Squat 3/3/3/1/1/1 with cross chop to halos.
135/145/155/ 175/205/225

WOD:
15 minutes of

10 2 hand swings
10 2 hand kb flip, catch, squat 35 lb.
10 box jumps

I did 10 rounds.

Food:

Oatmeal, protein, flax, glutamine
protein, water
chicken salad
protein, water
chicken salad with fruit and cheese

0 Comments:

Post a Comment