Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kettle-Bell push press


Like I have said before I always enjoy work outs with Kettle-bells.  For our strength/skill today we did 1 arm push presses with the KB.  I like the focused muscles this hits and I feel like I get a lot stronger with my press when we do these, like it gets easier every time to increase weight each week.  I was able to go up from 32k to 36k today on my fifth set.  Even though I was able to lock out every time I felt like I didn't have as much control on the way down, so I will probably stay at that weight next week and try a new technique when racking it that Nathan suggested. 


I got my Freedbord from the UPS man today and gave it a try tonight for a little while.  It is hard, but I started getting the hang of carving before I started getting too cold and hung it up for the night.  Only fell one time....right on my butt!  That kinda hurt....hahaha

Busy day tomrorow!  Working out at 6:30 am and then hitting Timberline for a day of snowboarding!  I am so psyched to get up there.  They have gotten sooooo much new snow this week.  

Work out:

Skill/Stength
1 arm kb push press 5 on each arm 20k/24k/28k/32/36k
10 plank rows 20k 5x
5 Spidermans 5x

WOD
run 1 lap
3 TGU each side with sand bag.
10 weighted situps
Heavy med ball carry 75 lbs. 90 lbs.

I got in 2 rounds


 

2 Comments:

  1. seant said...
    oh my goodness!!! you got one??? how is it? I can't wait to hear all about it. i can't stop thinking about how fun that must be.
    Aaron said...
    It is hard, you can throw out anything you know about skateboarding. After about 20 minutes I got the hang of carving, but it will take a little time to start sliding at higher speeds. On the next dry day lets get together and you can try it out before you get one if you want.

Post a Comment