Thursday, February 5, 2009

Glad to be back!

I worked out early Monday morning at RF and then headed straight for Seattle for 4 days.  I got back tonight and hit the 5:30 class at RF.....I basically only missed 2 days but it seemed like forever.  So it was great to get back in there tonight.  It was a good tough work out tonight that had me gasping for air by the end of the 3rd round.  That is a good sign that you gave just about everything you have.  Thanks to Matt G., I spent myself early trying to catch him.  He did awesome tonight and kept all 3 of this times under 2 minutes.  


We also did push presses tonight and I just wasn't feeling strong while doing them.  I should have backed off on the weight and got some better quality lifts in.  That is just not a strong lift for me yet, I need to work more on the technique before trying to go any heavier.  

So it was a great night and it felt really good being back!!  

I am looking forward to fight gone bad on Saturday.  I hope all of you are going to be there, the more I look at the work out....it doesn't look any different then a lot of the other things we have been doing week in and week out.  Nathan has done a great job getting us all prepared for these 5 exercises and I am looking forward to giving it my all.  

Work out:

Strength:
5 sets of 3 push presses and 8 ring rows
135/155/175/185 attempt failed

WOD

Sprint 3 rounds for time - rest 3 minutes between rounds

Row 250 meters
20 ball slams / 20 lb ball
spring to end of parking lot and back.

Times:  1:54/2:04/2:11

Food:

Oatmeal with protein and 2 eggs
protein and water
chicken salad
protein and water
San Sai / 6 pieces of tuna sashimi, 3 pieces of tuna nigiri, small salad
protein and water

0 Comments:

Post a Comment