Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fight Went Good

Finally the hype is over and things can get back to normal. We did the Fight Gone Bad benchmark today and it was a lot of fun. I was there for all 3 classes so I got to see just about everyone make their way through the workout and it was amazing to see how hard everyone pushed. It was really cool, I could not wait to get in there and do it. ( I ended up doing the last class of the day.) So anyways I was paired up with Sean and he did awesome. He came out just flying and his ROM was flawless. He killed his old score! I always like working out with Sean, he is a great motivator and really knows how to get more out of me when I feel like stopping. So....I was up after him and I tried to stay steady...I wanted to get at least 20 reps per station except for the rower, I wanted 10 - 15 there. I can't remember my scores per round but I stayed pretty consistent. On my third round after wall ball and sumo deadlifts I got to the box jumps and I seriously did not think I was going to finish without losing my breakfast. Luckily I made it through the last 3 stations and felt pretty good. Anyways, it was a lot of fun and lot of people did amazing today. Eva impressed the hell out of me. She kicked ass!! :)

This might get a little lengthy....So the past week was a fun and challenging week for me. I stayed so busy all week it felt like the week just flew by. I wanted to try and stay active as much as I could this week to kind of see where I am in my fitness.

So it started out last Saturday with a very good partner work out. Then Sunday I spent the day snowboarding for basically the first time ( some previous posts explain that) and that got me sore!!!!! Then Monday I did the 7:30 work out and drove to Seattle for work and then that night I tired out Hot Yoga for the first time and continued to do that the next 3 nights after work while I was in Seattle. Then I drove back on Thursday and hit a RF work out at 5:30. Then the next morning I did the 7:30 am work out at RF. Then Saturday morning did the RF work out FGB.
Through all of this I was super strict on my diet and felt great even though it was a somewhat challenging week my recovery time was great and my energy was up!

Also....I lost about 5 pounds this week through all of this, usually that is too much to lose in a week but if I am working this hard and not cheating in my eating habits I am not worried about it. It would be different if I was constantly hungry and lost the weight by not eating enough, but that is not the case. If I was not eating enough, I could not keep up this kind of energy and do these work outs. So in the past 5 weeks, I have lost about 18 pounds and am continuing to get stronger.

Workout:

3 rounds, 1 minute at each station with a 1 minute rest between rounds

Wall ball
Sumo Deadlift High Pulls 75 lbs
Box Jumps
Push Presses 75 lbs
Row for calories

Score: 316

Food:

5:30 oatmeal with protein/flax oil/glutamine
9:00 protein bar
10:30 protein drink
12:30 5 triscuts, 2 string cheese, a yogurt
3:00 HUB..hummus with veggies, Bavarian pretzels, pear and nut salad with chicken
7:00 protien and milk

1 Comment:

  1. seant said...
    you rock!!!

Post a Comment