Monday, February 2, 2009

Snowboarding Sunday

YEAH!!!!  No broken bones!  I had such a great time with David, Devon and Tiff up at Ski Bowl yesterday.  We get there and I decided to take a lesson when I rented my equipment.  The price for the lesson, rental and lift was only $54.00 which I thought was a pretty good deal.  So as I did the lesson the other 3 went off and did a few runs and I got some good tips on some basics....mainly how to get around with one foot in the board.  So when I was done with the lesson we met up and up we went on the lift to do my first run.  I got off the lift with not a huge problem, well for me, I did almost take out David.  hahaha  So we get strapped in and off I go and all I could do was stay on my toe side.  Devon and Tiff came down and gave me some good pointers and all of the sudden it just all made sense and I was able to make it down without too many falls.  The more we went down the faster I got and the easier it got to get in control.  I think I got in 7 runs and they got in 11 total.  The only thing that hurt when we left yesterday was my left butt cheek...but around 9 last night I think just about every part of my body was stiff.  :)  Then waking up this morning there was a lot of cracking and popping going on.  This mornings work out should be interesting.  


 I couldn't have asked for a better day and such great friends to be there with to help me and encourage me.  I will definitely be going back and I think I am starting to feel an addiction coming on.  For those of you who know me, you know that is not a good thing as I seem to get a little obsessed.  hahaha  

Devon, got some good pictures, once they get them posted on their blog I will put up a link.  

Thanks again you guys!!  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment