Thursday, February 12, 2009

Push Press PR


After last weeks attempt at Push Presses I wasn't thinking I was going to break my PR going into our last part of the cycle. I only got to 165 last week. I felt great once I got into my reps and everything just started coming together. I made it to 200 lbs. for a 1 rep max. It felt really good to break into the 200's.

On the gym's blog they posted some Before and After photos of me and said some very nice things. It is great to be a part of Recreate Fitness and have so much support from Nathan, Tina and everyone else there. I could not be getting the kind of results I am seeing anywhere else. So many people came up to me and congratulated me on my success. It was great to hear and it just makes me want to keep up all the hard work I am doing. My life has changed dramatically in the past year.....even more so in the past 3 months since being a part of RF. I can't see what the next couple months has in store.

Work Out:

Strength-
Push Press 135/135/155/175/185/195/200
10 x-chop to Halo

WOD 2 rounds

3 TGU
kb plank row 20k
10 weighted push ups

Food:
oatmeal/protein/flax/glutamine
protein/water/glutamine
chicken gyro
protein/water/glutamine
chicken/veggies/brown rice
protein/water

2 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    Thanks for coaching me through my sets of push press. You helped me think it through and increase weight reasonably. You rock!
    Aaron said...
    You did awesome bro. Way to go on your PR!! I really liked how you stuck with it and put in that extra lift. I could see that determination if your eye. I knew you were going to get it.

Post a Comment