Saturday, January 31, 2009

At omic push-ups


For those of you who haven't seen Recreate Fitness, the gym I work out at....here is kind of a birds eye view of half the gym.

I had a great time at the gym today and even had some fun shooting some photos with Matt and Tina during some of the classes. I think Tina is catching the camera bug, she seemed to have fun trying new lenses and playing with different angles. She got some really cool shots.

I got a new PR in class today. I did 20 kipping pull ups, my previous record was 15 on Jan. 3rd. I think my hands gave out before anything else, I need to toughen up these small little dough-boy hands. :)

Sean was my partner for the work out today and we were cruising right along. ( We even found a way to keep good form and still shave a few seconds off our wall ball time. ) But then we hit the atomic push ups and for what ever reason we thought we had to do 100 instead of 50. I think we just about hit 100 and I think it was Devon who pointed it out to us. We were struggling through those last 2o or so towards the end. Oh well, it was a great chest work out and I am sure my chest will be sore tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I am attempting snowboarding for the 1st time in 12 years and back then I only went twice. The first time I thought I was getting the hang of it until I bit it really bad and someone came up to help me and said, " Are you okay? That is the worst accident I have ever seen!" The second time was much more enjoyable because I took a lesson and made it through the day without wiping out. ( I can't say that much for my brother in law who spent half the day getting x-rays from his fall) Now that I am thinking of all this, it probably isn't too smart of me to go tomorrow since these bad accidents seem to follow me around on the slopes. LOL I am going to take it easy and just enjoy the snow and friends. I will let you know if I made it back in one piece tomorrow.

I can't remember the whole work out because I had to run out after class and didn't write it down. But it was good and long and hard! :) Just the way we like them.

Food:
6:30 am oatmeal with protein, glutamine, flax
10:15 am protein, water
11:30 am protein bar
4:00 pm celery, almond butter, protein and water
7:00 pm crab salad, cheese, fruit
8:00 pm eggnog bread pudding

1 Comment:

  1. seant said...
    that was a fun one. i really enjoy being your partner. Thanks for sharing some of your new oly lifting knowledge with me too.

Post a Comment