Thursday, March 19, 2009

Felt great to be in the gym today and do a lot of kettle-bell work.  For strength today we did a double kettle-bell push press.  We did 5 sets of 3 paired with jackknives and spidermans.  I made it to the 80 pound kettle-bells and was able to push press them ok....bringing them back down to the rack position was a little more difficult.  Nathan gave me some good advice to try and absorb the kettle-bells on the way down instead of staying so rigid.  I will give that a try next time we do those. 


Tomorrow is our final day of the dead-lift for awhile.  I am not sure if I am going for more weight or staying where I ended up last week.  I guess we will see how I feel when I get in there.  I really want to go for lifting double my weight...but that would be a 25 lb. jump from my max last week.  

Work out:

Skill:
5 rounds 
double kettle-bell push press 20k/24k/28k/32k/36k
12 jacknives
5 spidermans

WOD
How many rounds in 15 minutes? 5
Each arm with a 16k
5 kettle-bell swings
5 snatches
5 thrusters
run 1 lap

Food:
6 am oatmeal/flax/protein/glutamine
9am  meal replacement drink with glutamine
noon chicken and pear salad
4pm grapes and string cheese
6pm chicken, onions, cheese, 2 small tortillas


0 Comments:

Post a Comment