Thursday, March 19, 2009

Early Thanksgiving

In times like these when there isn't always a lot of good news out there.  It gets hard to find things to get excited about.  I was helping out a young woman yesterday who's car broke down on I5 and seemed to have nothing bad luck going on in her life as we talked a little while waiting for her father to come help her. I was there almost an hour with her and all she did was cry and talk about how miserable life  was.  Anything I tried to say to cheer her up was immediately followed up with a negative comment.  When I left, I was kinda sad that such a young girl has such a negative outlook on life.  I hope that something or someone will turn her life around.

So anyways, long story short....it made me realize how thankful I am for the people in my life and what a positive impact they have on me.  I have such wonderful friends and family although I don't get to see a lot of them as often as I would like.  It is great to keep in touch through all of todays technology...face book, email, texting, etc...  

Work out:  ( Copied from Nadine...thank you.  Too much to type.)

Warm up:

3 rounds:

10 halo
10 around the body
10 goblet squat
75 jump rope

WOD: Core Grind

Station 1 (3 rounds):

3 Sandbag get up or TGU (kettlebell 25/25/35)
6 Knees to elbows
Broad jump from 1st to 3rd beam and back
Rest 1 minute

Station 2 (5 rounds):

Power wheel crawl from door to 3rd beam (5 times)
10 Power wheel curl
Rest 1 minute

Station 3 (4 rounds):

10 Double KB front squat (35/35/45/35)
Run around building
Rest 1 minute


Food:

breakfast smoothie
10 am trail mix
noon ahi sandwich and steamed broccoli
3pm meal replacement drink
7:30 laughing planet burrito
8:30 1 brownie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment