Friday, March 20, 2009


Ok, so I couldn't resist the temptation.  I was thinking about it all morning and decided I was going to attempt lifting double my body weight (430).    I decided to see how I felt and Nathan talked me into trying 415 which is 10 pounds more then my PR from last week.  I figured if I felt good I could do an extra set to get my goal of 430.  So on my 4th set, I did 395 and as soon as I lifted it I figured I could not go any heavier.  It was frickin heavy!!!  So then I put on 415 and it took me forever to get my mind right...I just couldn't get psyched enough to lift it.  Then it happened!!!!!  The little push I needed and as soon as it happened I knew I was going to lift it.  It was all thanks to Tina...she went over to her music and put on "Eye of the Tiger"!!  Ok,  you may laugh but to any guy my age.....you know that song gets you psyched!  hahaha  (I can't believe I am admitting that.) Anyways, I pulled the 415 and it went up easier then the 395 and felt better then my 405 last week.  So as soon as I put it down, I said....I am going for the 430.  Tina was even kind enough to loop "eye of the tiger" But this time I wasn't so psyched, I couldn't stop thinking about how much weight 430 was and almost decided not to lift it, but I heard a little voice in my head telling me that I could do it and I had to try and give it everything I had.  So when I lifted it......it was slow....it was ugly....it was even kinda funny....but I got it up and down and I am going to count it!  :)


Work out:

Strength 

Deadlift 3/2/1/1/1/1

225/315/365/395/415/430
with x-chop to halos /35lbs

I didn't do much of the WOD.  I spent most of the class Dead-lifting.

Food:

6am oatmeal/flax/glut/protein
9am trailmix
noon a piece of birthday cake
3pm food substitute protein drink
5pm tilapia / steamed veggies / brown rice

1 Comment:

  1. seant said...
    nice job! That book you loaned me helped me a lot. I felt so good yesterday. thanks:)

Post a Comment