Thursday, December 18, 2008

ADVICE NEEDED!

Lets Get Physical!

Now that I am starting to get more in shape I have been thinking of taking up some kind of sport or something to keep me active next year and will be fun and rewarding. I started running as a sport last year but found out after about 3 months that my body is not made for that. I am still too heavy and my knees were hurting when I started running 7 miles 3 times a week.

There are so many active people at Recreate Fitness, I was hoping that some of you might throw me some suggestions of something physical or athletic to work towards next year. There aren't too many things I won't try, so let me know some things you have done or are doing and maybe an accomplishment I can work towards. Just leave a comment on here maybe and let me know. THANKS!!!!

No work out today. (rest day) Did 500m sprint on rower 4 times.

Breakfast-oatmeal with protein, 1 banana
Snack- 1 crossaint
Lunch- Laughing Planet Southwest Burrito
Snack-2 string cheese, 5 triscuts
Dinner- Chicken Salad with fruit. hummus with bread.

5 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    Go snowboarding! Go with me!
    seant said...
    Trevor's suggestion is probably more fun. Here are my suggestions. 1. Water Polo(lots of fun)
    2. Ultimate Frisbee
    3. A swim team
    4. tennis(i'll play with you)
    5. indoor rock climbing
    6. long board skate boarding.
    7. yoga or martial art

    i've done all of them and they are all good fun. As we get older its hard to find structured committed teams like we were in as kids. Keep us posted
    E said...
    Swimming Pool!!!
    Christina said...
    Indoor soccer!

    Christina :)
    Aaron said...
    Snowboarding would be a lot of fun. I have been twice and the last time was probably 12 years ago. The first time was ugly, long story, but lets just say when I bit it, someone came up behind me to help me and said....are you ok??? That is the worst fall I have ever seen. The second time I took a lesson and loved it!
    Swimming, tennis, rock climbing and yoga are great ideas. I could even use the rock climbing to do some difficult hikes this summer. I used to do Muai Thai kick boxing about 10 years ago and enjoyed that as well. Tough work outs too.
    I am sure indoor soccer would be fun, but I have never been too coordinated at soccer. I would usually end up tripping over the ball with my foot coordination. :)

    These are really good ideas. I will keep you posted on what I try! Thanks!

Post a Comment