Friday, December 12, 2008

Weigh In / Maxed out!

I have decided to make Friday's the day I weigh myself to see what kind of progress I make during the week. Now, I know that it is not all about the numbers I see on the scale right now. I am gaining muscle through these workouts so I know that I need to tell myself that it is ok if I don't see a smaller number on the scale every week. I am more concerned about looking at the scale and seeing a 5 lb increase because it seems to head that direction every time I look at junk food. :)

So in September of 2007 I weighed 350 lbs. (I don't recognize that guy anymore) Last Friday (12/5) I weighed 231.6. This morning I weighed in at 228 even. I was very strict on my food choices this week and it paid off. My big problem is snacking after dinner and I didn't do any of that this week. Mainly because I didn't want to get on here and admit to it! hahaha I am hoping to get down to 225 by Christmas and stay there for the rest of the year, because I know that it will be tough during Christmas with all the great food my family cooks during the holidays.

We did MAX dead lifts tonight at the gym. Last week I maxed out at 3 reps @ 305. So I walked in there hoping that I could get 330 and if I am lucky get 350. Well, I got to 375 on my last rep!!! I was pretty excited except for the fact that it was the ugliest single rep I have ever done. haha Everyone was breaking their PR's tonight it was a lot of fun. Congratulations to Matt C. for lifting 400! He shattered his old PR.

Breakfast - Oatmeal with protein

Snack - 1 scoop max gourmet protein with 8 oz water

Lunch - Chicken Gyro with light sauce and a banana

Snack - Apple and 1 scoop max gourmet protein with 8 oz water

Dinner - 4 oz Shrimp, 1 cup mixed veggies, 1 cup Brown rice

6 or 7 16 oz bottles of water

Work out

Max Deadlifts

Free time, worked on pull ups mainly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment