Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Half Day


I was trying to burn up a little vacation time today and ended up only working a half day. (Sweet) I was getting a little bored at home though and was itching to get active and decided to go outside and practice some double unders. I am getting them but having a hard time putting a string of them together. I am hoping to buy a Concept 2 rower after Christmas and use that when I feel the urge to do something physical.

I said I was going to add some short and long term goals to today's post. Well I came up with a couple short term ones, but still need some ideas for long term goals. So here is what I want to do by January 1, 10 pull ups straight without dropping off the bar and or 50 push ups.
Right now, I can do 5 pull ups and I can do 30 push ups.

Breakfast - 3/4 cup oatmeal with protein

Snack - 1 scoop max gourmet protein with 8 oz water

Lunch - Subway flatbread chicken sandwich with veggies and minimal sweet onion sauce.

Snack - Apple and 1 string cheese

Dinner - 4 - 5 oz of shrimp and 1 cup of steamed broccoli

Water - 7 - 8 16 oz bottles

Great work out today, it was just what I needed.....very aerobic. The first couple times I did some private sessions with Nathan I almost got sick and we are not even talking full work outs. I think the first work out he had me do was row 250m, 12 wall balls, 12 ball slams 4 times and I don't think I even made it through the first round and had to go outside because I thought I was going to puke! So it has been a few weeks since I have felt sick during a work out so I decided to test myself today on our last round and see if I could go all out and not get sick. The good news is I didn't get sick, but for about 30 minutes afterward my stomach was not happy! hahaha I guess I better keep to pacing myself for awhile longer. :)

Workout:

Skill was:

10 weighted push-ups
5 weighted pull-ups
5 ring dips

Workout was:

40 seconds on/ 20 seconds off

row
rope snap
bear crawl
jumping pull-up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment