Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rope Climb




Since I was in Seattle still today, I went to Rainier Crossfit early this this morning for a work out. Great gym and very friendly people there.

The work out was 3 rounds;

Row 500m
25 push presses @ 65 lbs
1 rope climb

I had never done the rope climb so Kurtis (Rainier owner) showed me a few different techniques on how to do it. I got about half way up on the rope before I started losing my grip and decided to come back down. He showed me a modified rope climb which consisted of me laying on my back on the floor and pulling myself up with my arms and then lowering myself back down. I think when Recreate moves into the new gym they are going to have climbing ropes eventually. I am looking forward to that, as hard as climbing that rope is....I can see that it is one of those things that will be rewarding to know that you can do it.

Food Today, lets just say too much....we started our 3 days of Christmas today and even though I did not eat as much as I used to and made better choices I still ate bad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment