Friday, January 23, 2009

So today was a "play day" at the gym...basically work on techniques and such. I ended up doing a 10 minute kettle bell-snatch drill that I have been wanting to try. So it was competition rules...do as many kettle bell snatches in 10 minutes without putting the kettle bell down and only switching arms one time. Nathan set me up with a 16k competition kettle bell and off I went. About 3 minutes into this thing I started thinking, "what the hell was I thinking" My shoulder was on fire by that time but I knew that if I switched now I would not be able to do do 7 minutes with my other arm. So I pressed on and I think there was about 5.30 left on the clock I switched to my right arm. Again, 2 to 3 minutes in on my right and it got rough.....by the last minute I wanted to put it down so bad...I could no longer open my hand in the rest position because it was cramping so bad and so did my forearm. Tina started counting down that list minute for me which really helped and I was able to complete the whole 10 minutes. When I was done.....I was done! I got 119 I think. It felt good to accomplish that though. I highly recommend trying it sometime. :)

Food:
oatmeal with the usual.
chicen sandwich
protein, water
steamed veggies and 4 oz of chicken, 1 piece of home made bread.
protein, water

3 Comments:

  1. Nurse Tiff said...
    Nice work. I was totally going to try that today but instead I did nothing. Gotta love thise competition kettlebells.
    John said...
    How many did you get?
    Aaron said...
    I think it was 119 John. Thanks for the catch.

Post a Comment