Sunday, January 4, 2009

80/20

You know it was a good week at the gym when you wake up on Sunday morning and just about every muscle in your body is sore. hahaha Well it wasn't quite that bad, but I am still sore from Friday's leg circuit. Then of course on Saturday's partner work out I tried to push pretty hard to keep up with my partner Sean. He was great to work out with and kept pushing me to do more at times when I was feeling sluggish and thought I couldn't push it. Thanks Sean!

So Shannon and I were out with some friends last night and we ran into Tiff and Christina at Bartinis and it was pretty funny because Tiff jokingly asked me how I was going to manage drinking Martinis and watch my calorie intake at the same time. I quickly reverted back to something I heard earlier that day about the 80/20 rule......with a twist. Eat 80% good all the time and 20% of whatever you want the rest. I think I used the whole 20% last night for the whole week! hahaha Actually a friend of mine who is a competitive body builder has lived by eating really good during the week and pick one day to blow it. That doesn't mean go out and gorge until you drop....but if you crave that pizza, burger, etc.... Have it on that day, he said it is really important to do that. I thought he was full of it, I thought I could eat perfect all the time and I found out that is not as easy as it sounds. You need that break to enjoy food, God knows there is so much good food in Portland to enjoy. Oh and Tiff...just in case you were wondering, I did row this morning! hahaha

Work out

Skill
max pull ups - 15 kipping
max push ups - 40

WOD
partner work out with Sean

1500m row(500,500,250,250)
10-1 ladder
push press(30lbs)
mt climbers
box jumps
ring holds for 2min
18:46

Food
Breakfast - oatmeal/flax oil/glutamine/protein
snack - protein/glutamine/water
lunch - San Sai - 1 sushi roll, small greens salad
snack - 2 dot size cupcakes from St. cupcake
There was no real dinner, lets just say from 3pm until 1 am I ate the following,
1 banana
1 slice of pizza
2 Coors light
half of a salad
a few chips with artichoke dip
2 martinis
fruit and cheese fondue
2 pieces of seared ahi tuna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment