Monday, January 19, 2009

I second Sean's post

Great work out tonight, I have really been trying to make sure I have good form in my work outs for two reasons, the first was because I wanted to make sure I didn't injure myself and the second goes along with what Nathan talked about a few months ago in class and that was that the WOD's are not a race, he would rather see us use good form and finish last then see us be sloppy and finish fast. Some people can do both.....good form and finish fast, it is a beautiful thing....someday! :) Also, Sean has been talking about it in his blog a few times the past couple months ( you can read here )and since I started really watching my form and trying to get full range of motion I have seen huge gains and feel much stronger.
So I just wanted to second Sean's post...for me it seems to be the best way to hit these work outs. I still struggle through some things with form, but I really appreciate Nathan, Tina and the other trainers correcting me and setting me straight.

Work out:

Skill:
5 rounds of barbell front squats.
Ended up at 145#'s on my last set.
10 ring pushups.

WOD:

7 rounds
7 med ball cleans
7 burpees
7 ring rows
Time: 11.53


Oh, and Trevor reminded me.....2 minutes of Beam Ball.  :)  

Food:

7 am oatmeal with protein, glutamine, flax oil
9 am protein, water
11:30 chicken sandwich
3:00 protein, water
6:00 protein, water
8:00 8 egg whites omelette, broccoli, mushrooms, salsa

3 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    You forgot to mention your big win in Beam Ball. That's definitely a part of the workout.
    seant said...
    hi Todd,
    on the weeks we don't have Hannah, i'll be coming to 6:30pm classes so we can work together on our good form mission as a team. By the way, amazing squats tonight.
    Aaron said...
    Still can't get comfortable under that bar. My wrists just don't bend that way. The weight didn't feel to heavy, I just need to find that happy place in my positioning of the bar.
    My schedule has been bouncing all around the last couple weeks but it should get back to normal soon. Send me a text later and let me know your schedule the rest of the week. I am doing 10am today, rest day on Wednesday, Thursday 5pm and Friday I have it set for 10 am but might change it to the 5pm class.

    Thanks for the catch Trevor....I added that to my work out! :) I think my arms are more sore from that then the work out.

Post a Comment