Saturday, January 3, 2009

Changes in 2009

So I have never been one for "New Years Resolutions" but with a name on my blog like "Change is Good" I had to come up with at least an idea of what I want out of this year. Not necessarily goals set in stone, but more of an outline on things I want to accomplish. I stumbled upon this video this morning that I thought was really good and should help when you are setting goals for yourself.



Getting back to these ideas, the gym is a gimme. I am already committed to going to the gym 4-5 times a week and have done so the last 2 months. RF has become an addiction! hahaha So some things I want to do that are fitness related in 09 outside of the gym are...

1. Try new "sports" A few of you have already given me some good ideas. A few that I want to do within the next couple months are snowshoeing and indoor rock climbing.

2. Hiking/backpacking. I want to climb to the top of Mt. St. Helen's and try some challenging hikes like that. I also want to do some easier day hikes with my family and help them stay active.

3. Keep improving the foods I eat and the foods I give my kids.

So that is some basics things that I have been thinking about. Good luck to all of you in 09! Remember...CHANGE IS GOOD!!!

WOD for Jan 2.

20 Heavy 2 hand swing 45lb/24k/28k/24k
row 250m - 4 times

Leg circuit - 4 times
10 jackknives - 4 times

3 turkish get ups - 1 time
10 knees to elbows - 1 time

Food:
Breakfast - Oatmeal with flax oil, glutamine and protein
Snack - protein, glutamine with water.
Lunch - 1 egg with a light english muffin and 1 banana
snack - 2 slices of homemade bread
Dinner - chicken, black beans, corn, cheese over 1 cup of brown rice
snack - small frozen yogurt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment