Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Kettlebell competition

So this is what we will all look like if we lift our kettlebells, eat right and take our vitamins right? If anyone does end up like this, please don't come to class in a speedo!!! haha
Anyways, I have really liked working with kettlebells and have started looking into some of these competitions that are held. While they are kind of boring to watch videos of, I am sure actually doing the competing would be a great experience. I would like to try and do a couple competitions someday. There is a lot to learn about techniques and strategy...and not to mention I just need to get stronger.

The gym work out was great tonight. We did every one's favorite thing....Leg Circuit! I have grown to like the leg circuit even though I still struggle through it, I think my form has come a long way. I also know my legs need it, I have always had such weak and scrawny legs.
We also worked on our 1 arm swing, hi-pull, snatch. I moved up to 24k for the first time doing this. It was a big difference and I can tell at that weight you better have your form right or you will feel it.

Work out:
Skill
10 Partner Kettle bell swing - 24k 4x
5 kb swing, hi-pull, snatch - 24k 4x
10 plate squats

WOD
4 rounds
Leg circuit
15 kb swings - 24k
15 pushups
Time - 17.03
Food:

Breakfast - Oatmeal/protein/glutamine and 1 banana
snack - protein and water
Lunch - Subway 6 inch chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat
Snack - protein and water
Dinner - 4 oz chicken/peppers/onions/asparagus

Lots O Water!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment