Friday, January 16, 2009

Beam Ball for time!

What a fun night at the gym! Nathan introduced some of us to "Beam Ball" at the end of the work out. I can't explain it, you will have to experience it for yourself. All I can say is it is fun and exhausting all at the same time. Look for it in the 2012 Olympic Games. :)

So tonight we did a benchmark 500 meter row. Sean and I have been talking about technique and damper settings for a little while now so now it was time to put what we have been talking about to the test. So Sean, Ben and I decided to row together at the same time....rowing next to these guys got me psyched up and I knew I had to go all out to keep up with them. So Nathan counts us down...3....2....1......GO! Sean busts out of the gate just flying! I was thinking in my head....Damn this guy is fast, I look out of the corner of my other eye and here goes Ben...holy crap...these guys are animals. So I pick it up a little knowing that I don't have that kind of stamina yet I started pulling hard with my back to get anything extra. So we get to the last 100 meters and I put everything I had into it and by the last 50 meters my butt started cramping up and I was going to start slowing down until I hear Tiffany and Nathan screaming at us to keep going! After hearing them yell the meters just went quick and we were done.
Ben - 1.27.6 ( I think)
Sean - 1.27.8 ( I think)
Aaron - 1.28.8 My previous PR was 1.39. I was shocked!!

After that, we were all spent and couldn't do much for about 15 minutes. It was great to row with those guys, but I don't want to do it again anytime soon. :)

Food:
7:30 Oatmeal with protein, flax oil, glutamine
9:30 banana / 2 string cheese
11:30 6oz low sodium tuna, 1 tablespoon low fat mayo, 1 tablespoon grainy mustard, 2 pieces of romaine lettuce and 2 pieces of homemade whole wheat bread.
3:00 protein, water, glutamine
4:00 2 pieces of string cheese
8:00 chicken salad
10:30 protein, water

1 Comment:

  1. Shannon at www.stampinbuds.com said...
    LOL! Am I was here in Utah and missed seeing the competition?! I'm so bummed! You'll have to tell me more about it later today when we talk. You're awesome babe! :D

Post a Comment