Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kettlebells / Recovery


I love doing the Kettlebell lifts. Tonight we did one arm swings and snatch. I used a 20k comp bell and felt good, in fact the snatch seemed to go up fairly easy when I kept proper form for the whole 15 minutes. I am hoping that we will try a 10 minute snatch challenge soon. I would like to see if I can go 10 minutes with only 1 arm switch.

So next time I get the bright idea of doing 6 days in a row, please slap me!!! What the *%#$ was I thinking? Today's work out was the first one since last Saturday that I felt like I was getting my strength back. I had worked out on Monday and Tuesday and took Wednesday off. I may have been fighting off a cold or something too, all I have wanted to do the past 4 days was sleep. I was still and tired coming into tonights work out but by the time we got done with out push presses I was fired up and ready to attack the WOD. Now I feel hyper and probably won't be able to sleep good tonight. :)

Workout:

Warmup
3 rounds
5 Windmills- 35
5 overhead squat with kettlebell- 20
Farmers walk- 32k

Skill
Push Press 6x5- 135/135/155/155/155/135
Cross chop to halo- 10 / 35 lb

WOD
How many rounds in 15 mins?
5- L 1 arm swing
5- R 1 arm wing
5- L arm snatch
5- R arm snatch
10- pushups
12 rounds with 20k kb

Food:

6:30 Oatmeal, glutamine, flax oil, protein
9:00 protein, water, glutamine
12:30 a little calamari, chicken salad
7:30 oatmeal, protein
( not a good day for my diet )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment