Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Diet change up

I am going to experiment with a couple things in my diet the next couple days to try and give myself a little more boost in my workouts. Tina pointed out to me that I am probably not getting enough fat (good fats) in my diet. The only real source I was getting was the flax oil that I was putting in my oatmeal. Which is an excellent source but I was only getting about 15 - 20 grams a day total when I should be getting between 30-35. She was totally right and made a lot of sense, so I am going to try to find some good sources to add through my day. Hopefully it will balance everything out. Thanks for the advice Tina!


I cooked up some Tilapia tonight and I had to share this recipe. Shannon loved it so much that she is putting it on her blog too I think. :) This was very easy to make and it was awesome!!! I really suggest you give this a shot. It took me about 15 minutes to make from start to finish too. We are definitely going to be making this more often.

This will serve 8 people
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
2 pounds tilapia fillets

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.

The workout was great today, I am loving the new gym more and more every time I go in there. We did shuttle runs as part of our WOD and all I thought about before doing them were how much I hated them back when I played football in highschool. Well, I ended up liking them a lot during the work out. It was nice being able to sprint in the gym, even though I was trying to keep up with Jami....Man she is fast!

Skill: (did 2 rounds)
Turkish get up /25lb/35lb
Heavy KB swing /26k/28k
Jackknifes - 12
farmers walk with KB 32k/32k

WOD:

4 rounds 40/20 - 90 second rest in between rounds
Shuttle run
rope snaps
heavy jump rope
double kb clean and push press - 22k all 4x
superplanks

Food:
6:30 3/4 cup Oatmeal/protein/flax oil/glutamine
9:30 protein/water
12:30 Med. Salad with balsamic dressing and some frickin awesome olives on it. (good fat) :)
3:00 protein/water
5:00 Broiled Tilapia, 1/2 cup steamed brown rice, 6 stems of asparagus
7:00 protein/water

At least 1 gallon of water.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment