Monday, January 12, 2009

Front Squats

Today was my first attempt at doing front squats. It was quite the learning experience, I think I was getting the hang of it by my last set. The last 2 sets Nathan got me to find a good spot for the bar but I have a hard time keeping my left knee from leaning in while I push out of the squat position. I will get it though, my last set felt pretty good. I need to work on opening up my hips too. They have been very tight lately.

The WOD was short but tough, we did 10 minutes of rowing for calories and slam balls rotating every minute. When I started 2 and 1/2 months ago I did a one on one training with Nathan and he had me do rowing and slam ball and if I remember right he had me row 250m and do 10 slam balls.....well I finished the first round of rowing and slam ball and I almost started pukin' so we stopped there. So it was a little gratifying to knock out 10 minutes at a pretty hard pace.

Work out:

Skill
Front Squats 65/95/115/135/135
8 ring rows 5x
5spidermans 5x

WOD

10 minutes - rotate every 1 minute and combine numbers for score
rowing for calories 94
slamball 20 lb ball 104
total 198

Food:

6:30 Oatmeal/flax oil/glutamine/protein
9:00 protein/80z water/glutamine
12:30 Chicken Gyro
3:00 protein/8oz water/glutamine
5:30 4 oz chicken, 1 cup steamed string beans, 1 piece of homemade trail-mix bread
7:00 protein/8oz water/glutamine

4 Comments:

  1. seant said...
    damn you eat good. i want to hang out with you more. maybe then i'll get my diet dialed in. oh, and i'm not one to edit blogs since mine is full of typos but on skill you put deadlifts when i think you meant to put squats. I've seen your deadlift(well pictures) and i know its a lot more than 135 :O talk to you soon my friend.
    Aaron said...
    Thanks for the catch. I would come to a few 6:30 classes but it sounds like there are plenty of people there already lately. What time are you working out on Saturday?
    seant said...
    hi Aaron, i usually do the 10:30 on Saturdays but i may be there early if i catch a ride in with melissa. 6:30 am classes are great. you should come to one sometime.
    Devon Neves said...
    Nice job on your front squats Aaron! You're doing awesome. Keep up the great work.

Post a Comment